This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
The aim of this unit is for students to achieve the following objectives:
- Communicative objectives
- Ask for, understand and give directions to a specific place.
- Express opinions and preferences on the unit plan subject.
- Socio-cultural objectives
- Find out, prioritise and select what to see of a city’s heritage and know where to obtain this information.
- Find out about and visit León’s main historical heritage sites, and give an objective and subjective opinion on them.
- Express and understand the concept of the Holy Grail in the literal and metaphorical sense.
- Contrasting sources, critically assess the information available about an event or argument.
- Pragmatic objective
- Defend and refute a given argument or stance.
- Intercultural objective
- Compare everything discovered and learnt about the Holy Grail with its literal and connotative meaning in the culture of origin.
- FINAL TASK:Activity in which each student will travel from a previously agreed part of the city or from their place of residence to the Basilica of San Isidoro to see the Holy Grail. In class, each student will subsequently present a digital projection of a photograph they have taken of San Isidoro and the chalice of Doña Urraca, together with a sentence or short paragraph they have written about their own personal Holy Grail.
- SKILLS: Oral and written expression, listening and reading comprehension, interaction.
- DYNAMICS: Individual, pair-work and group activities. In the classroom and in the city.